Kindle Notepad App is a simple notepad app for the Kindle that lets you create and edit notes. It lets you use your Kindle for any sort of note-taking.
Kindle Notepad’s main benefits
- It works with text files. That means you can easily transfer over notes written on Kindle Notepad to your PC or Mac and access them there.
- It has fast typing. Fast enough that taking notes is quick and easy.
- There are 6 font sizes and two font types (Serif, Sans Serif). You can pick the size and font that you like to write in.
- It has in-built Backup and Restore. You can also keep a backup on your PC.
- There’s comprehensive search. You can search from the main page itself.
- There are shortcuts for common functions and notes can be sorted alphabetically or by date/time.
- It’s simple to use.
You get all this for $1. We think it’s a $10 app – However, we want as many Kindle owners as possible to have it.
Getting Help with Kindle Notepad App
First, please take a look at these pages -
- Kindle Notepad Help Videos.
- Kindle Notepad Detailed Help. This and remaining pages coming soon – please refer to PDF/Word file below until then.
- Kindle Notepad Questions & Answers.
- Transferring files from Kindle Notepad App to your PC.
- Notepad for Kindle Backup and Restore.
If you prefer to access this information on your Kindle (PDF) or your PC (Word) then you can download these files -
- All Notepad Help Files in 1 File - Notepad All-in-One Help (Mobi Kindle format), Notepad – All Help Documents (PDF), Notepad – All Help Documents (Word). This includes all 4 of the documents below.
- Kindle Notepad Main Help - Kindle Notepad Main Help (Kindle format), Kindle Notepad Main Help (PDF), Kindle Notepad Main Help (Word). Discusses General Use.
- Kindle Notepad Q&A - Kindle Notepad Q&A (Kindle format), Kindle Notepad – Q&A, FAQ (PDF), Kindle Notepad FAQ, Q&A (Word). Common questions with answers.
- Kindle Notepad App Backup & Restore - Kindle Notepad Backup & Restore (Kindle format), Kindle Notepad Backup & Restore (PDF), Kindle Notepad Backup & Restore (Word). A guide on how to do backup and restore of your notes in Kindle Notepad App.
- Transferring Notes - Kindle Notepad Transferring Notes (Kindle format), Transferring Notes from Kindle Notepad App (PDF), Transferring Notes from Kindle Notepad App (Word). How to move files from your Kindle Notepad App to your PC. For Mac please see the following paragraph.
Please Note: When on Mac and transferring files you need to keep in mind:
When you get the Kindle show up on the Mac, the .active-content-folder doesn’t show. This is because on Mac it’s considered a hidden file. So you have to use a workaround to see that folder – http://www.mactricksandtips.com/2008/04/show-hidden-files.html.
People are finding that using Houdini is easiest.
After using Houdini the .active-content-data folder in the Kindle shows up and you can follow the remaining steps.
Thanks to Maurine for all these documents and to Roger Knights for suggestions including using Doc instead of Docx and providing a file that has all 4 help files in it.
Please let us know if you would like further help on any other aspect of how to use Kindle Notepad. Also, suggestions and features ideas are always welcome – though time and other constraints mean that we might not be able to do certain things.
You can leave a comment at this blog (response time usually less than a day) or email email@example.com (response time around a day).